Saturday, June 29, 2019

June 29, 2019

Mission Statement:

-To increase the accuracy of the public’s perception of homelessness

Contributors are designated by number only for the day on which what we have to say is published; the numbers aren’t permanent identifiers.

The anonymity is to protect the identities of contributors, who have every reason to fear retaliation from the shelters which are supposed to help us, and from the shelters as employers.  


June 29, 2019

Homeless Human 1:



The last time that I was at Woods-Mullen Shelter, I fell out of my wheelchair and it rolled on top of me.  I was trapped and yelling for help.  The staff just stood there.  The security guard even walked over to me and told me “You can’t lie there like that.”   I called the Fire Department from my phone.  When people from the Fire Department got to the shelter and helped me, they asked the staff why they hadn’t helped.  The staff told me that their supervisor had told them not to. 




Copyright Homeless Humans, June 29, 2019

Discussion of the Minutes from the July 24, 2019 Community Meeting at the Pine Street Inn Women’s Shelter

-It’s not surprising that the only thing that the director seemed to take from the July 24, 2019 meeting was that one of the guests said...