Friday, June 28, 2019

June 28, 2019

Mission Statement:

-To increase the accuracy of the public’s perception of homelessness

Contributors are designated by number only for the day on which what we have to say is published; the numbers aren’t permanent identifiers.

The anonymity is to protect the identities of contributors, who have every reason to fear retaliation from the shelters which are supposed to help us, and from the shelters as employers.  


June 28, 2019

Homeless Human 1:



It hurts and it's embarrassing to have to carry bags around with you everywhere.  There was a day this week when we left bags at the shelter when we left the premises.  When we returned, they weren’t where we left them.  I asked a staffperson where my bags were.  The staffperson told me that the bags were put in the incinerator.  I told another staffperson what happened, and she found my bags and gave them to me.  What was the other staffperson’s motive?  Keeping the bags to bring home or what?


I am in a wheelchair.  A staffperson has also told me that I am “a liability” because I’m not steady on my feet.  I am in this wheelchair because of domestic violence. 



Copyright Homeless Humans, June 28, 2019 






Discussion of the Minutes from the July 24, 2019 Community Meeting at the Pine Street Inn Women’s Shelter

-It’s not surprising that the only thing that the director seemed to take from the July 24, 2019 meeting was that one of the guests said...